Test Environment Specialist Within IT at Sales Store
- Country :
- Town :
- Contract type :
- Availability :
- Full time
- Job reference n° :
As one of the world’s largest fashion retailers, H&M offers endless career opportunities. A fast-paced, buzzing environment with great diversity – a place where the customer is always the centre of attention
Do you want to be a part of H&M´s exciting future? Are you challenged to work with test environment coordination across areas, divisions and IT solutions? What about ensuring efficient teamwork in a fast fashion industry? Great, then this position as Test Environment Specialist within the division Sales Store is the place for you – join us and help us deliver the best Store IT Service to our stores worldwide.
The fashion industry is changing fast and this means that in addition to managing what we already have in place, there are lots of new, fun and innovative projects going on. Initiatives within OMNI, RFID, Next Generation POS and new payment methods are examples of processes that will ensure an even more seamless shopping experience for our customers. The Division Sales Store is responsible for the development and delivery of IT systems and related services enabling sales in our nearly 5000 stores across the H&M Group.
As a member of the Test Environment Specialist team, you are expected to work both hands on and in setting up the system landscape. The role requires close cooperation within the team, other internal H&M stakeholders and our suppliers, both current and future.
What could a day at the office be like? Continue reading below and apply today!
Start the morning with reading thru the shared mailbox to see if any new or urgent task must be prioritized. Stand-up meeting in front of the Kanban board to inform about task status and decide the activities and tasks to be prioritized. Participate in a project meeting to plan and prepare for test environments. Support and answer questions from Testers or QA Leads and if you find a potential improvement, flag that by adding a note on the team Kanban board. Getting a call from Australia Country IT and support them in their preparations for a test environment move before relocating the Support Office. Plan and place a Test Environment order to a supplier and round up the day by contacting our network support to add a new subnet within the Romania test lab and finally patch a cable from switch to a server in the central POS lab in Stockholm.
The job of a Test Environment Specialist at H&M comes with a lot of responsibility – and lots of fun.Your to do-list as a Test Environment Specialist includes:
- Communicate and coordinate test environment activities with projects and relevant Integration teams as well as external POS suppliers
- Be the chairman and manage preparation and issue resolving meetings internally and with external suppliers
- Constant improvement of internal and supplier shared processes and services
- Educate in POS test environment handling and use before/during test
- Administrate asset database in SharePoint
- Update and maintain SharePoint site
- Request, prepare, coordinate and administrate POS test environments on a local and international level
- Documentation of procedures, instructions and drawings in MS Office and MS Visio
- Technical hands on in our test lab
And your skills as Test Environment Specialist include:
- Coordination and administration experience on an international level
- Presentation and communication skills
- Be proactive and take own initiative regarding constant improvements
- Documented skills of documentation of procedures, instructions, drawings, diagrams etc. in MS Office and MS Visio
- Knowledge of LAN / WAN network
- Able to work independently and take responsibility of tasks and activities
- Analytic and troubleshooting mindset. Solving issues should be challenging and fun!
- General knowledge regarding Client Software/Hardware and Peripherals
- Used to work in an environment with many parallel tasks which requires a holistic understanding of system integrations and infrastructure
- Experience and good understanding of test processes
- Experience in service catalogues and service management
- SharePoint administration
- And to be successful in the role you must also feel comfortable working within MS Office, MS Visio, SharePoint and ServiceNow
To be successful in this role we believe that you have 3-5 years of experience within one or several of the above areas.
Sounds interesting? Here’s your chance for a career out of the ordinary!
For questions and further information about this position, please contact Group Manager / Staff Responsible Patrik von Kellauer, Patrik.vonKellauer@hm.com or Team Lead Mija Jelonek, Mija.Jelonek@hm.com 08-796 55 00.
Please apply with your CV and Personal Letter no later than August 22, 2019. Please note that due to summer and holiday period screening will start 19th of August.
Who are we at the IT department?
We are the sum of the abilities and personalities we have. Our warm, value-driven culture brings us together. We like working at a fast pace and making decisions on the go. Our creativity helps us solve complex challenges.
We have the opportunity to advance the business of H&M group, work with the latest IT technology in exciting global projects and change the entire fashion and design industry for the better. If you have the drive, joy of discovery and willingness to assume responsibility, there is no limit to what we can achieve together.