Software Engineer, With Java Competence to h&m Business Tech – Core Customer Assets
Country : Sweden
Town : Stockholm
Category : Sales
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We are looking for a new team member, a Software Engineer, to our Local Site Language team within product area Core Customer Assets. With the mission to continue developing of our application, to build functions and features but also help with maintenance and trouble shooting. We use Microsoft Azure as a cloud platform and DevOps for continuous integration and deploy. Our mindset within the team it to increase automation of our copy processes and translations.
Welcome to our team
You will be part of an agile team that collaborate every day. We value our team's autonomy to make things happen and you will be an important person for us to reach real customer value. We believe in working close together with our end users and partners inside and outside the company.
We hope you are curious and like to try things out together with us. As a team member you will be involved in all decisions and the creative work in how we will develop our products. We have friendly, inclusive and supportive atmosphere and laugh a lot. We like to create and experiment to find new paths and learn together.
Furthermore, you will:
- Work with professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle
- Translate product strategy and requirement into suitable, maintainable and scalable solution design
- Collaborate closely with product owner and other cross-functional teams, share best practice as well as discuss and motivate design solutions
- Ensure the architectural and strategic technical roadmap for the platform and be in the forefront of new features adding to the productAs a team we are building new services that we own and run. We are fully responsible for the whole development cycle, design, build, test, deploy, evaluate and repeat. The mindset "You build it - you run it" are key for us. We are measured on business outcome, not code merge or defects.
As a Software Engineer at H&M Group you will embark on a journey that will lead to something new and exciting - we will test, fail and learn. You are an important player in this transformation, and so we believe you are communicative, flexible, stress-resistant and able to work in an environment that is not yet formalized. You have previous experience from working in companies with many stakeholders, you have worked with distributed teams, and you know how to translate business requirements and visualize technical roadmaps. Beneficial to have experience with customer facing sites, ideally retail and ecommerce.
We also believe that you:
- Have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or another related field
- Have a - "you build it you run it" mindset - with hands-on experience of DevOps or equivalent for source code control (preferable Azure)
- Have a strong track record of deliveries and an agile/iterative mindset
- Have strong developer skills coupled with an understanding of business language
- Have experience and/or interest in technical product development.
- Have experience in Java SE, Jakarta EE, JSF, MS SQL, Hibernate, Maven, git, Rest/webservices.
- Are a team player, open minded and thrives in agile team.
- Have good knowledge, both written and oral, in English
- Leadership experience is a plus but not a requirementJust like everyone at H&M, we believe you are a sales-minded, social, open, communicative, and ambitious team player full of drive and optimism. You have a robust analytical ability with strong problem-solving skills and an eye for change and improvement opportunities. You have strong communication skills and an ability to communicate and explain features and its implications to various stakeholders.
At H&M we have a strong, value-driven culture characterized by believing in people, teamwork and an entrepreneurial spirit. Here you can be yourself and grow with significant opportunities to influence and make a difference. With the right mindset and ambition, you'll find plenty of room to grow. We welcome your application regardless of gender, age, gender expressions, sexual orientation, disabilities, religious beliefs, origin or background.
We are on a journey together which means there is no clear path. Therefore, you will play an important role in setting the foundation and creating our future solution for supply planning to our sales channels. We believe you are dynamic, collaborative, and curious!
This is a fulltime position with placement in Stockholm. Please apply with your CV and Personal letter as soon as possible, no later than 26th of March 2021. If you have any questions about the recruitment, please contact Talent Acquisition Partner Mona Farshchian email@example.com or Magdalena Bratt Magdalena.firstname.lastname@example.org. We are looking forward to your application!
We are on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviors are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, Business Tech delivers technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
The best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We're all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow - your development is all up to you!
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.