Product Area Manager - Business Tech Checkout
Country : Sweden
Town : Stockholm
Category : Retail management
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We are now looking for a customer-obsessed Product Area Manager to lead our Checkout Product Area within our H&M Business Tech organization.
Within Checkout we are responsible for providing a smooth, seamless checkout experience across channels, brands, and around the globe. The area contains a wide range of products and services, such as the digital checkout experience on our web and app, the point-of-sale systems in our stores, and a variety of omni checkout enabling services.
What you will do
You will lead a product organization to deliver optimal business and customer value through the development and optimization of our digital capabilities. You will be responsible for the overall vision, strategy, and KPI fulfillment of the Product Area. You will also be a part of the Customer Domain leadership team and work closely with fellow Product Area Managers to coordination efforts.
Together with the Product Area Lead Engineer for Checkout, you will support the Product Owners and their teams to shape the end-to-end product strategy. You will have staff responsibility for Product Owners and Competence Leads for Data Analysts and Business Experts.
You will build trusted relationships with collaboration partners across the H&M Group, inside and outside of Business Tech, and work closely with relevant partners to align the product area roadmap with our overall company strategy.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Set the product strategy for the Product Area, working closely with collaboration partners across the H&M Group to ensure priorities realigned with overall company strategy & direction
- Conduct quarterly business reviews to set clear direction, aligning the Customer domain direction and product team direction
- Define high-level KPIs and targets for the entire Product Area and align them with the respective Product Owners, supporting a data-driven environment
- Identify and manage dependencies within the Product Area and across other Product Areas
- Support the product teams in day-to-day priorities and product demos, and lead regular product area demos to provide transparency and gain input across the organization
- Manage the area budget, being accountable for the financial impact incurred by leveraged resources and solutions in the product teams of the Product Area
- Employ servant-leadership to coach and empower Product Owners and product teams to increase speed and impact of their work
- Be responsible for the overall work environment for your teamWho are you?
You have great leadership skills and believe in a culture of collaboration, transparency, safety, and trust. You empower others to fail, learn, and grow and celebrate success as much as failure. We believe that you are a curious leader focused on value creation, growth and serving customers with full ownership and accountability. You have a holistic mindset and are typically skilled in breaking down silos, enable collaboration and empower teams. We call this servant leadership.
We also believe that you:
- Have the ability to lead an organization unit with 70-150+ employees and 15-20 product teams
- Experience within the checkout space in one or several of following areas: point-of-sale systems, digital checkout, and/or payments
- Have experience with Agile product development, preferably in large organizations
- Are a great communicator with experience of bringing together multiple business partners, both internal and external, to execute on a common mission
- Know how to build end-to-end product vision, strategy, roadmap and KPIs
- Have track record of creating customer and business value
- Understand what it takes to build healthy, maintainable, and scalable technology
- Understand relevant technology trends, the opportunities they bring, and when and how to use themWho are we?
We are a family of brands, driven by our desire to provide meaningful growth. We develop digital solutions and products for the entire value chain for the H&M Group with a focus on customer-centricity and agility. We are responsible for engaging and building relationships with millions of customers across 74 markets.
We are a global, value-driven company and believe in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace where different perspectives meet, and great ideas evolve. Our colleagues around the world from Shanghai to New York, from Stockholm to Bangalore, all share our entrepreneurial spirit and open mind. Utilizing each individual's unique competences and perspectives, we build empowered teams where innovation and meaningful impact all over the world is achieved.
We welcome your application regardless of gender, age, gender expressions, sexual orientation, disabilities, religious beliefs, origin, or background.
This is a fulltime position with placement in Stockholm or Berlin. Please apply with your CV and Personal letter as soon as possible!
If you have any questions about the recruitment, please contact Susanne.Kjellman@hm.com, Talent Acquisition Partner. We are looking forward to your application!