Machine Learning Engineer @h&Mxai
Country : Sweden
Town : Stockholm
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We love design, and we love technology! Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive and welcoming workplace where everyone's individuality is highly valued.
Advanced analytics is one of the key focus areas of the H&M group which creates an incredible environment for learning and developing cutting edge technology, at scale. We have one of the industry's biggest data sets and we are combining it with advanced analytics to unlock value across the full fashion value-chain.
Several articles have been written about us in global media, here is one.
For us it is important to work with AI in a sustainable and ethical way. Read more about our work with Ethical AI here.
The H&MxAI team is growing. We are now looking for new Machine Learning Engineers to join us, so submit your application today.
What we offer
We offer you a fun challenge in an energetic and creative environment. As a Machine Learning Engineer at H&MxAI, you will work on a variety of problems such as personalization, demand forecast, etc. Your mission is to test algorithms in collaboration with data scientists, and scale them up to massive data sets, so that the algorithms and models can be used to improve critical components of H&M operations.
You will be able to shape your own personal and professional development. We will help you grow whilst working in a dynamic, cross-functional and agile team.
You will also have the satisfaction of knowing that your work has an immediate impact on the business and the rest of the world. Combined with strong company values, an international workplace, and an office in Central Stockholm, H&MxAI is the place to be in retail advanced analytics!
What you will do
- Pairing with Data Scientists, develop machine learning software product including but not limited to explore large data set, try out new algorithms, feature engineering, test and evaluate model output, deploy the solution for production usage and also scale out to the comprehensive fashion network of H&M
- Design, develop and maintain the large-scale data infrastructure required for the machine learning projects
- Leverage on understanding of software architecture and software design patterns to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed and future-proof code
- Develop tool and framework to address common needs in machine learning project like model traceability, feature reuse, A/B test, etc
- Work in cross-functional agile team of highly skilled engineers, data scientists, business stakeholders to build the AI ecosystem within H&M
Who you are
You love to learn and spread your knowledge, are a true team player, embrace change, and have a positive mindset.
As a Machine Learning Engineer you:
- have a degree within software engineering or similar field (e.g. computer science and programming) and a strong will to continuously develop your engineering skillset
- are a hands-on person, love coding as much as breathing and would like to deploy software engineering practice into machine learning project
- have 2+ years working experience in developing machine learning products
- are experienced in one of following programming languages: Python, Scala or Java. Experience in Spark would be meriting
- have experience with handling high volume heterogeneous data (both batch and stream) and good understanding about data storage and data structure would be a big plus
- have experience in agile environment, team collaboration, data-driven development, reliable and responsible experimentation
Please apply with CV and personal letter by the by the 31st of March 2020 at the latest. Positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
We love code! If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send those to us together with the CV. We are more than happy to take a look!
Due to GDPR, we don't accept applications via email.
For questions, contact recruiter Lovisa Ermell at firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to your application!
The H&MxAI team