Data Engineer Within Advanced Analytics
Country : Sweden
Town : Stockholm
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We love design, and we love technology! Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive and welcoming workplace where everyone's individuality is highly valued. In Business Tech we continuously surprise and delight our customers and accelerate our business - by releasing the power of people, data and technology. We are on a journey, transforming the fashion and design industry towards a future where change is continuous, and a flexible mindset is needed. Through collaboration and innovation, we develop products which have a meaningful impact on customers all over the world.
About the PositionAdvanced analytics and data engineering is a focus area for the whole H&M Group. It is already the backbone of several machine learning products used throughout the value chain, and the importance of this area and related roles will only increase as we scale. In that journey, we count on talented people, across multiple disciplines, and with varied background, just like yourself.
In the context of data processing, we are now looking for our next data engineer, who will help us take our services to the next maturity level. You will be working in an agile team, building data pipelines and accompanying services related to data quality and data processing. Your work location is central Stockholm, in a brand new and laid-back office.
What you will do
- Develop reusable modules for data processing, using modern software engineering practices across unit testing, continuous integration, packaging, documentation
- Be an active team player in proposing improvements, participating in code reviews and planning our roadmap
- Leverage the understanding of software architecture and software design patterns to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed and future-proof software
- Develop data processing pipelines using Python, SQL, Airflow and Spark
What we appreciate
- We appreciate team members who take initiative and are active participants in our agile ceremonies, pair programming and technical workshops with the team
- You strive for excellence in code and in an automation
- Good communication skills. We like clear and easy to understand stories, comments, pull-requests, and reviews. Slides are not important
- Fluent in English
- Extensive hands-on experience in software development, can apply principles such as DRY, SOLID, idempotency etc.
- Experience in coding and refactoring for modularity, testability and overall robustness
- Comfortable in scripting and development in Linux-based environments
- Experience in developing Python-based applications is required, but your overall experience with programming is equally valued
- Experience with databases querying and modelling in traditional relational databases and preferably in modern columnar-based formats such as Parquet
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes is a merit
- Experience with batch and stream data processing, using Spark is a merit
The H&M group is on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviors are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, we deliver technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.The best ideas evolve when great minds with different perspectives get together. We're all on the same team in a global environment and we learn from each other. There are endless opportunities to grow - your development is all up to you!
To read more about H&M as an employer, we highly encourage you to read the content at https://career.hm.com/content/hmcareer/en_se.html
Do you think we are a match? We hope so!
Please apply with CV and personal letter by the 30st of April at the latest. For questions and further information about this position, please contact Half Scheidl at email@example.comFor this position, we are not looking for cooperation with recruiting companies and headhunters.