Data Engineer @h&Mxai
Country : Sweden
Town : Stockholm
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
We love design, and we love technology! Our diversity makes us strong and creates an inclusive and welcoming workplace where everyone's individuality is highly valued.
Advanced analytics is one of the key focus areas of the H&M group, which creates an incredible environment for learning and developing cutting edge technology at scale. We have one of the industry's biggest data sets and we are combining it with advanced analytics to unlock value across the full fashion value-chain.
Several articles have been written about us in global media, here is one: Article
For us it is important to work with AI in a sustainable and ethical way. Read more here: Ethical AI
The H&MxAI team is growing. We are now looking for Data Engineers to join us, so submit your application today.
As an Data Engineer at H&MxAI, your mission is to work alongside with Machine Learning Engineers and Data Scientists in the team to develop scalable and production ready Advanced Analytics and machine learning software product. In additional, you will also be able to develop different technical enablement to enable large scale machine learning solutions.
We offer you an exceptional opportunity for personal development, in which you will navigate through the business' most complex problems using advanced analytics as your tool for improvements. Above all, your work will be part of shaping the future fashion industry.
We are located centrally in Stockholm City. The position as an Data Engineer is a fun challenge with plenty of responsibility, in which you will work in a fast-paced dynamic environment with some of the best people in advanced analytics and AI.
At H&M, we believe in people and work as one team. The pace is high and we always challenge each other to think creatively. To succeed in this position, we believe that you have a pragmatic workstyle and drive towards solution with focus on delivering results, while building strong and long lasting relationships. You thrive when developing great people, not just great products.
From a technology perspective, you will work within a cloud environment and identify the most suitable tools, technology together with the team. Also, we are working on end to end machine learning projects in an agile setup, and we hope you will enjoy the journey of taking a use case from prototype to fully production setup.
What you will do
You will work together with Data Scientists and Machine Learning Engineers in an agile team, bring the state of art machine learning model into production. Your responsibility will be engineering focused, like how to develop pipelines to source, clean and transform data, be responsible for data quality, scale out the model training and serving, A/B test to evaluate model performance, automate e2e pipeline, manage and automate the infrastructure and deployment, integrate with existing business IT solution, etc.
You will develop scalable data assets that can be reused by different consumers, using a variety of access methods.
You will also develop different reusable technical enablement to speed up Advanced Analytics and AI product development, for example advanced data profiling, data versioning, automate machine learning model training, lifecycle management of machine learning model and much more.
Leverage the understanding of software architecture and software design patterns to write scalable, maintainable, well-designed and future-proof software
Who you are
- An experienced Data Engineer (2+ years) with experience of develop and orchestrate complex data pipelines in both batch and stream fashion, onboard data from different source system, data cleaning and transformation. Understand the best practice and common design pattern of big data processing.
- 3+ years experience of software development, with strong mindset of building scalable and high-quality software product. You understand the challenge of design and development large scale distributed system.
- Passionate about big data and machine learning technology. Rich experience in big data technology, especially Spark and the Hadoop ecosystem
- Excellent programming skills in either Python, Java or Scala. Not only familiar with language itself, but also familiar with best practices, code structure, design patterns, development workflow etc
- Hands on experience in DevOps and automate software development process, like familiar with tools like Jenkins, Docker and Kubernetes, etc
- Experienced in one of cloud solution like AWS, Azure or GCP would be a big plus
- A good team player in an agile team, you are willing to take different kinds of tasks to meet sprint commitment
- Fluent in English (Swedish is a merit)
For questions and further information about this position, please contact Lovisa Ermell at Lovisa.Ermell@hm.com.
Please apply with CV and personal letter by the 31st of March at the latest. Positions will be filled on an ongoing basis.
We love code! If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send those to us together with the CV. We are more than happy to take a look!
Due to GDPR, we don't accept applications via email.
The H&MxAI team