Data Engineer -Analytics And Data Platforms
Country : Sweden
Town : Stockholm
Category : Production - Quality
Contract type : Permanent
Availability : Full time
Our product area is called Analytics and Data Platforms, and our teams are responsible for all data processing, reporting and advanced analytics capabilities across the whole value chain. This means tons of data and illimited learning opportunities. We welcome applications from varied backgrounds in data and analytics. About the positionYou will join the product area and according to your interests, experience and competencies, will work with one of our product teams. You and your team leverage modern software engineering principles and cloud services to build robust data solutions for our entire value-chain, in production, logistics, sales, marketing and others. We hope you appreciate working in autonomous teams, have a hands-on attitude and believe that no challenge is too big if we have the right support and tools in place.We appreciate a multitude of technical backgrounds but we believe you enjoy working here if you're passionate about data and have worked hands-on with analytics in the past, either in modern data warehouses or with modern open-source data processing frameworks such as Spark. We appreciate your solid foundations in database principles and/or software engineering, as these go hand-in-hand when building robust, cloud-based solutions. We are looking for you who
- Collaborate with other engineers and specialists in building data-driven solutions that have laser-focus on business problems and our customers
- Build products in a varied of technologies and with varied focus (reporting, self-service analytics, large-scale data processing)
- Be a champion of DevOps mindset and principles, which emphasizes automation, continuous integration, and end-to-end ownership of solutions
- Use your expertise and creativity to solve problems using modern technologies and software engineering, in the areas of data quality, testing, deployment and monitoring
- You are a team player, solution-driven and open-minded, with a passion for continuous improvement and automation
- Solid track record in data engineering or in business intelligence/ advanced analytics environments, including building data platforms on Hadoop and Spark
- Proficiency in at least Python, bash and SQL, and experience in a range of data management technologies, such as NoSQL and distributed systems. Knowledge of Java or Scala is a plus.
- Experience with version control workflows with Git and an advocate of Continuous Integration
- Experience with designing and architecting cloud-based data solutions (Azure, AWS or GCP)
- Solid software architecture skills, keen to leverage patterns to write code which is resilient, scalable, and maintainable
- You have experience working in agile teams, and using supporting tools such as JIRA
- Excellent communication skills in English, Swedish is a plus
Tools and software used by the teams: Azure Synapse, Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Azure Analysis Services, Azure Data Lake, Airflow, Power BI, Tableau and many others.
About us: The H&M group is on an exciting journey to meet and exceed our customers' expectations today, tomorrow and in the future. Rapid technological development and new customer behaviors are transforming the fashion retail industry. To cater the individual needs and desires of our millions of customers, we deliver technological solutions for the entire value chain for all our brands.
We continuously surprise and delight our customers and accelerate our business - by releasing the power of people, data and technology. We explore new ways of working, have a customer focused mindset, embrace our strong values and release the power of our people to innovate and develop products that make a meaningful impact to customers all over the world. Join our Journey!
Practical info We review applications earliest after the latest application date due to vacation time, please apply with CV and cover letter as soon as possible but at the latest 16th of August 2020. If you have any questions about the role, please contact email@example.com.We love code! If you have contributed to Github project(s), also send those to us together with the CV. We are more than happy to take a look! Do you think we are a match? We hope so!